Monday, July 22, 2013

Which Eye Shadows Suit You?

I look back on my days of junior and high school make up and say to myself  "Oh my goodness, what was I thinking?!!!" Yes, that was me with the white eyeliner on my lids, mascara, and grey eye shadow. In my defense I rocked it. However, that color combination did NOTHING for my eye color and complexion. Does anyone worry about those kinds of things in junior high!?  Wish i could have given myself some pointers back then!

There are two ways to allow your eye color to stay in the spotlight!

Neutral Eye Shadows That Wont Overpower: 

If you are someone who wants an extremely simple 5 minute look stick with a neutral eye. You can never go wrong here. Neutral colors include browns, gray, gold, vanilla, olive, mauve, and beige. Apply a neutral ivory over your entire eyelid and brow bone. Then apply your darkest color to your deepest part of your crease. Pick a dark brown eyeliner and line your top lid thinly. Apply your mascara and your done. This allows your eye color to still be the star and not be over powered by the colors of your shadows!

Shadows That Will Make Your Eyes Pop:

Blue Eyes: Gold, Silver, Copper, Bronze, Gray, Taupe, Mauve, Purple. Do NOT use greenish blues or aqua.



Green Eyes: You green eyed girls have it lucky! Earth tones look beautiful on you! Browns, taupes, ivory, charcoal, chocolate, gold, bronze, copper, plums, pinks, and purples.



Hazel Eyes: Mocha, Khaki, plum, pink, brown, taupe, ivory, gold, copper, and teal.



Brown Eyes: Pinks, rose, peach, corals, golds, green, blue, plum, champagne, and purple. 



I hope this helps a little and gives you a little guidance next time you are in the store. Don't forget that most brands like Revlon, L'Oreal, and Cover Girl have eye shadow pallets suited for each individual eye color.


Hope everyone has a fabulous week! Hugs! 

Xo, Bailey






No comments:

Post a Comment