Friday, August 2, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Review

This foundation has been on the market for over a year now but after hearing great reviews from other bloggers and Youtubers I had to pick it up. I needed to try it for myself and see if it was worth the hype. I found my foundation at Walmart for around ten dollars. This is where it is the cheapest. It can get up to 13.99 at places like CVS or Walgreens.  I matched myself to the shade medium beige.  I am the shade NW 25 in Mac Cosmetics for reference. 
Here is what Revlon claims: Finally, truly decadent makeup offers decadent performance.  The mousse like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look.  All day flexible wear without flaking, caking, or feeling heavy.

Lets see if I agree Revlon!

Bare Faced


You can apply this foundation with brushes or your fingers. My two favorite brushes are the Sigma F84 (can be found at http://www.sigmabeauty.com/Sigma_Angled_Top_Synthetic_Kabuki_F84_p/f84.htm) or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (can be found at Ulta or http://search.ulta.com/search?p=Q&asug=real+techniq&userid=Guest&w=real+techniques+expert+face+brush).  I use these two brushes to apply all of my foundations. However, after playing with this foundation for a week i preferred dotting it all over my face and using my fingers to blend it in. 


One layer of the foundation gave me great medium coverage which is what I typically wear. You could still see my freckles on my cheeks but I like my skin to still look like my skin. 




Two layers of the foundation gave me definite full coverage. It didnt feel cakey which was great. If you are someone who wants that extra coverage, it will definitely give it to you!  My freckles were completely covered along with my redness and discoloration under my eyes. I needed no concealer on my face after.



After my foundation I just set my T-zone with Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder since i tend to get oily there. I did not powder the rest of my face besides blush and bronzer.


I have to be honest. I LOVED THIS FOUNDATION. So lets break it down!

Pros
1. Wore all day long. I even felt like it looked better throughout the day
2. Controlled my oil beautifully
3. Had a natural finish even though it was full coverage
4. It photographed really well, probably because there is no SPF
5. Applied really easy and I was happy it went on best with my fingers. 
6. Who doesn't love a drugstore foundation that performs like high end?!
7. Love that it built up to full coverage but went medium coverage first layer.

Cons
1. The price is high for drugstore but I'll take it, it's a great product.
2. It has a slight smell that I didn't particularly like, but it didn't irritate me.
3. I do not like that it comes in a glass bottle. It makes it hard to travel with. I am afraid I will break it. 
4. I think if you have overly dry skin this foundation may not be the best for you. 

Round of applause Revlon, nicely done!

Have you guys tried it? What are your thoughts!? I would love to hear!! Hope everyone has been having an excellent summer so far! 

xo, Bailey














No comments:

Post a Comment