Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Revlon Lash Potion Review

Being the mascara junkie that I am, I had to try Revlon's newest mascara Lash Potion. I thought the packaging was super cute but I couldn't find ultimate black at the Target I went to. UHM hello, I want the darkest lashes possible! I grabbed black and went on my merry way. The very first thing I noticed when I put it on this morning was that it is a dry formula. You HAVE to work quick with this mascara. It gave me decent volume. It didn't add much length, but gave me volume and held my curl. The wand on this thing is huge!!!!!! You have to be careful when applying so you don't get black everywhere. 




I didn't wear eyeliner today so you could see the full effect of the mascara.
I didn't want anything amplified. The mascara wore ok the first two hours but I got major smudging under my bottom lash line after that. I realize that my bottom lashes are longer than my top but I shouldn't be having black transfer onto my skin after two hours of wear. Not cool Revlon! 

Breakdown
Packaging: A
Price: A (your typical price for drugstore)
Durability: C 
Application: B- 
Overall: B-

I like how it made my lashes look, but the wand was too big and it has to be able to withstand the Vegas heat and not smudge everywhere on my face. Will I repurchase? No. Will I finish up the tube on my top lashes only? Yes. 




Face of the day today!!

Face:
1. MAC Face and Body Foundation 
2. MAC Mineralize Powder in Medium Plus
3. MAC Mineralize Powder in Medium Deep as my bronzer 
4. MAC Mineralize blush in Gentle 
5. MAC Prolongwear Concealer 
Eyes
1. MAC Eyeshadow in Shroom on brow bone 
2. MAC Eyeshadow in Soft Brown and Expensive Pink blended together in the crease
3. MAC Eyeshadow in All That Glitters on my lid
4. MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof on the inner corner 
5. Revlon Lash Potion Mascara 
Brows:
1. MAC Brown Pencil in Lingering
2. Mac Eyeshadow in Cork
Lips:
1. NYX Lipliner in Sand Pink 
2. MAC Lipstick in Lovelorn 


5 comments:

  1. There is a Too Faced mascara that has a huge wand that reminds me of this one. I don't love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been having to wipe underneath my eyes all day from the black smudging. Definitely will not be wearing this on my bottom lashes!!!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I had the same result with the L'Oreal Voluminous lashes mascara! To be fair, you look beautiful wearing it tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had the same exact problem with the Voluminous as well! What are you wearing for mascara!? I have been sticking to the Loreal Telescopic Extensions which has been getting the job done. I still haven't found that OMG product yet though.

      Delete
  3. Sorry, I just saw this comment! I am loving Clinique High Impact, but for drugstore I just purchased Maybelline Volum Express Falsies. Here hoping it does the trick!
    xo. J

    ReplyDelete